It’s that time of year again. We make the dinners, invite the family and buy the gifts. Ahhh, the gifts. We just love to give when the holiday season rolls around—but are you giving the right things?
Steve Maraboli said, “Give yourself entirely to those around you. Be generous with your blessings. A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.”
This season, I challenge you to give differently.
Dig deep and give from the heart.
It’s easy to find the “perfect gift,” plunk down our hard-earned cash, and feel that we’re making a difference in someone’s life because we’re “giving.”
And while that might just be true, you can make an even bigger difference in the world while saving some cash and investing your heart instead.
Below are some ideas to help you give a gift from the heart. These are just a few ideas—the possibilities are truly endless!
- Running an errand for someone
- Leaving flowers at someone’s door
- Making a healthy dinner and dropping it off to a friend after work
- Leaving an inspiring note on a random person’s windshield
- Calling a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while
- Smiling at a stranger
- Writing a note of appreciation to someone that has impacted your life for the better
These gifts are so valuable and can’t be replaced by ones found in stores. In the spirit of giving this year, how can you give yourself?
Wishing you the happiest of holiday seasons!
Photo credit: @tina_xv, Unsplash