Don’t let the craziness of the holidays postpone your workout into the New Year.
It’s the holiday season and 2017 is coming to a close, but that doesn’t mean you should put off working out until January 1.
If time is of the essence, try this 15-minute workout for a quick and efficient sweat session. This SandBell AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) workout contains three moves that target different training elements: squat press for strength, skater lunge for endurance and slam for power.
- Use a medium-weight SandBell (10-20 pounds)
- Perform 10 reps of each exercise for one round
- Complete as many rounds as possible (AMRAP) in 15 minutes
- Rest as needed
- SandBell squat press
- Stand upright, holding the SandBell against your upper chest.
- Squat down, pushing your hips back and bending your knees.
- Return back upright and press SandBell overhead, extending your arms fully.
- Lower SandBell to chest height and repeat.
- SandBell skater lunge
- Hold a SandBell in front of you in one hand and step the same side leg back behind and across your other leg, coming into a curtsy squat position.
- Push off the front foot and hop laterally, switching legs and passing the SandBell to the other hand.
- Repeat hopping side to side, switching both legs and the SandBell from hand to hand.
- SandBell slam
- Stand holding the SandBell overhead with arms fully extended.
- Slam it down to the floor between your feet, dropping into a squat.
- Pick the SandBell up as you squeeze you glutes to return upright and raise it overhead again.
- Slam it back down and repeat.
This post originally appeared on hyperwear.com.
Photo credit: Matt Hawthorne