Crank up the heat on your summer body with this short, sweet and sizzling-hot HIIT workout you can do anywhere. Excellent for anyone who doesn’t have much time but still wants to get great results, this high-intensity interval training workout gets your heart rate up and your waistline down.
Perform each move for 60 seconds, resting only to transition to the next movement. Perform the entire sequence one to three times through.
- Stand facing away from the anchor point holding the handles next to your chest and the straps under your arms.
- Walk your feet back until your body is at a 45-degree angle.
- Reach back with one leg until your working leg is bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Drive through the ball of your working foot to return to the start.
TRX Inverted Row
- Face the TRX Suspension Trainer with your chest directly under the anchor point, holding on to the handles with your palms facing each other.
- Bend your knees to 90 degrees, brace your core and squeeze your glutes.
- Draw your shoulder blades together and use your lats to pull your body up until your hands are at the sides of your rib cage.
- Slowly lower your body back down to the start position.
TRX Hamstring Runner
- Lie on your back with your heels in the foot cradles, directly under the anchor point, hands flat on the floor by your sides, palms facing down.
- Press your heels down and brace your core to lift your hips up so your body becomes a straight line from your neck to your heels.
- Use your hamstrings to pull one heel toward your butt while keeping the other leg straight. Engage your core the entire time.
- Send your heel back to the start position in one slow and controlled motion, and repeat on the other side.
TRX Atomic Push-Up
- Start in a push-up position with your feet in the foot cradles of the Suspension Trainer, directly under the anchor point, and your hands under your shoulders.
- Brace your core and perform a push-up.
- When you reach the top of the push-up, pause for a moment and perform a TRX crunch, drawing your knees toward your chest and piking your hips up slightly.
- Pause for a moment at the top, then lower your hips back down and straighten your legs to return to the start position.
- Stand facing the TRX Suspension Trainer, holding the handles with both hands in front of you and your feet together.
- Jump to your right side and land on your right foot. Control your momentum by letting your knee bend as you land.
- Hop rapidly from side to side.
This post originally appeared on trxtraining.com.
Photo credit: VeranikaSmimaya, Thinkstock; Courtesy of TRX