Check your form on these five popular movements to get the most out of your workout.
If you’re as obsessed with STRONG by Zumba® as we are, then you know the music-led, high-intensity class is full of moves like burpees, planks, squats, lunges and high knees. With every move synchronized to a beat, it’s fun to nail the challenging exercises and leave class feeling like a champ. But if your form is not on point, you might not be reaping the full benefits of this calorie-burning class.
Hover over the image and click the “play” button for tips from Master Trainer Marcie Benavides to get your moves in perfect form so you can see results faster.
- When conquering Spider-Man push-ups, keep your back flat and your core engaged.
- Jump squats are hard, so use your arms to help.
- The key to making high knees work for you? Don’t lean forward.
- Side lunges require more attention to form than you may think.
- Planks are an incredibly beneficial exercise, but only if you do them correctly. Master Trainers Renee Pickett and Natalia Bull show us how it’s done.
Now that you know the moves, there’s no stopping you. Push past your perceived limits at a STRONG by Zumba class today.
This post originally appeared on zlife.zumba.com.
Photo credit: Courtesy of ZLife