Trust and believe these moves will transform your workout.
You probably know him as the creator of the at-home fitness workouts Insanity and T25. Now, Shaun T wants to inspire you to go further in your own workouts and to use your fitness journey to transform your life.
Do these five total-body, calorie-torching moves at the beginning or at the end of any workout and maximize your results. Perform each move for one minute, and as Shaun T always says, trust and believe that you can dig deeper. (Read more about Shaun T in 24Life!)
Knee Tap, Toe Touch
- Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart.
- Lift your left knee above your waist and tap your right hand to your knee as you do, engaging your core. Return to standing.
- Kick your left foot out and reach with your right hand to touch your left toes, engaging your core. Return to standing.
- Repeat the knee tap and toe touch with your right knee and left hand.
- Continue the knee tap and toe touch combination, alternating sides, for one minute.
Adductor Squat Pulse
- Step your feet out wider than shoulder-width apart and sit in a deep squat position with your arms extended out for balance, engaging your core and shoulders.
- Step your left foot in next to your right foot, and sit in an adductor squat.
- Step your left foot back out to sit in a full squat position.
- Step your right foot in next to your left foot, and sit in an adductor squat.
- Step your right foot back out to your full squat, and do two pulses.
- Continue to step in from a wide squat and sit in an adductor squat for each side, then step out and pulse twice, for one minute.
- Stand with feet hip-width apart.
- Jump both feet out into a jack position while raising both arms above your head.
- Jump back in, lowering your arms, and split your feet with your right foot forward and left foot back.
- Jump back in, then jump out into a jack position with your arms in the air; jump back in and split your feet again with your left foot forward and right foot back.
- Repeat the sequence for one minute.
Squat Scissor Plyo Jump
- Start in a deep squat position with your back flat and both hands touching the floor in between your feet.
- Jump up in the air and return to a squat position with both hands touching the floor.
- Jump in the air and scissor your left foot in front of your right foot, then land in a squat position with both hands touching the floor.
- Repeat the squat jump; repeat the scissor jump with your left foot in front of your right.
- Continue the squat and scissor jump combination, alternating sides, for one minute.
Dynamic Lunge Stretch
- Stand with your feet more than shoulder-width apart, turn to your right and drop into a deep lunge, touching the floor with your right hand and engaging your core and obliques.
- Engage your quad and glutes by driving your heel into the floor and slightly lifting your toes.
- Return to starting position and repeat on the other side. Continue, alternating, for one minute.
Photography, videography: Tom Casey, box24studio.com
Grooming: Katie Nash, katienashbeauty.com