An alternative to the standard bulletproof coffee recipe is a smoothie without the butter, using only coconut oil and/or coconut cream, which are composed of more medium-chain triglycerides (these fatty acids are absorbed faster by the body and converted into energy for the brain more easily than other fats).
It’s vegan, and avoids the saturated animal fat that comes with butter. A nutritionist has created a dairy-free, gluten-free and soy-free version.
It includes protein for slower-burning, longer-lasting energy, extra antioxidants, cardio-protecting rich raw cacao, and chia seeds which contain omega-3.
The pseudo-grain quinoa has been added for a big protein lift (when quinoa is consumed with a seed or another grain, the amino acid profiles combine to make a complete protein, similar to that found in meat and fish).
(Ideally choose organic wherever you can):
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 shot of good quality, brewed Arabica coffee, (from Guatemala or high altitudes, believed to have less mold toxins)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup flaked coconut
- 1 tbsp coconut syrup
- 1/4 -1/2 tbsp soaked and cooked white organic quinoa grain
- 3/4 tsp organic raw cacao powder
- 1/2 tbsp organic LSC (linseed, sunflower, chia seed meal)
Blend all the ingredients together and enjoy!
- 90% cacao dark chocolate sprinkles
- 1/2 tbsp chopped raw almonds and/or cinnamon sprinkles
- Blend in ice cubes for a chilled version