Grab your workout buddy and try this calorie-blasting partner workout.
Hit a plateau and lacking the motivation to get going again? We totally get it! Sometimes self-motivation is just downright hard to find. Maybe it’s time to switch up your workout.
Grab a friend and a few weighted SandBells (whatever weight will challenge you), and try this fun and high-intensity SandBell partner workout. Trust us, you will not only feel motivated but you’ll also feel the burn!
Perform this SandBell partner workout as a 15-minute AMRAP, which means you complete as many rounds as possible in a 15-minute time frame.
Let’s get started!
- High-to-Low Rotation Pass
Perform five reps each direction.
- Stand back-to-back, slightly apart with one person holding the SandBell.
- Both of you twist to one side, raising your arms up over one shoulder as the person with the SandBell passes it to her partner.
- Twist to the opposite side and reach down and across your body to the outside of your opposite knees, passing the SandBell again.
- Repeat back and forth.
- Lunge Pass with Squat
Perform five reps on each leg.
- Stand about five feet apart with one partner holding the SandBell at chest height.
- The partner with the SandBell performs a reverse lunge while the other partner performs an air squat.
- Both come back up to standing, and partner with the SandBell throws it to the other partner.
- As the partner catches it, she will step into a reverse lunge while her partner performs the air squat.
- Continue tossing back and forth while alternating between a reverse lunge and an air squat.
- Side Plank Rotation Pass
Perform five reps on each side.
- Both partners start in the top of a push-up, side by side with shoulders almost touching and a SandBell on the ground beside partner A.
- Partner A grabs the SandBell with her outside hand and raises it straight up, rotating her body while partner B raises her outside arm up and rotates to take the SandBell.
- Partner B lowers the SandBell down and underneath her body and other arm to pass it back partner A.
- Continue passing the SandBell in this circular motion.
- Plank with Slurpee (SandBell Burpee)
Perform three reps on each side.
- Partner A starts in the top of a push up (in extended plank position) with partner B standing to one side of her feet, holding a SandBell at chest height.
- Partner B jumps laterally over partner A’s legs, and upon landing, presses the SandBell overhead and then slams it to the ground.
- Partner B places her hands on the ground beside the SandBell, jumps her feet back, performs a push-up and comes back to a standing position, grabbing the SandBell on the way back up.
- Partner B jumps back over partner A’s legs and performs another Slurpee.
This post originally appeared on hyperwear.com.
Photo credit: Courtesy of Hyperwear