Reading Time: 2 minutes
Motivate your fitness goals with a little help from your loved ones or friends and this partner workout.
The New Year was a great time to set goals and create a vision for becoming your best self in 2018. And now the months to follow are about one thing: accountability. How do you stay on target to make sure you’re doing everything you can to get to the finish line?
One of the best ways to stay accountable to your goals is to involve others. The path becomes a little less daunting and a little more fun when you have a friend, colleague, partner or workout buddy who encourages you along the way.
Try this SandBell workout with a partner (or two) to engage your mind and body, and to encourage yourself and your partner to get moving!
Sandbell 5-for-5 partner workout
Equipment: 12 to 30 pound SandBell
- One minute per movement = one circuit
- Perform five circuits
This full body workout contains five compound, multi-joint movements performed using one SandBell. The movements are performed for one minute each in a circuit for a total of five circuits.
- FRONT SQUAT
- Stand upright holding the SandBell against your upper chest with arms crossed.
- Squat by pushing your hips back and down and bending your knees.
- Return back up to start position.
- OVERHEAD TOSS
- Stand upright holding the SandBell against your upper chest using a double claw grip (gripping the SandBell with both hands).
- Dip slightly at the hips then thrust the SandBell up overhead.
- Allow the SandBell to fall to ground, then pick it up and repeat.
- Stand upright with a SandBell between your feet on the floor.
- Squat down, pick the SandBell up and swing it up onto one shoulder.
- Throw the SandBell back to the floor between your feet and repeat on the other side.
- Stand holding the SandBell with a double claw grip and your arms straight.
- Raise the SandBell up overhead, coming up onto your toes and keeping your arms straight.
- Forcefully slam the SandBell into the floor and dip into a squat, swinging your arms down and back, then grab the SandBell on the way back up and repeat.
- LOADED CARRY
- Hold the SandBell either behind your neck or hug it to your chest.
- Jog at least 50 feet in one direction.
- Jog back in the other direction and repeat.
More partner moves
Try the SandBell Thruster Toss to build lower body strength, stability and explosive power.
Try the SandBell Scoop Toss to improve hip mobility and build core strength.
Photo credit: Atlas Green, Unsplash
Video credit: Courtesy of Hyperwear